The focus of the Physical Education Program at Warnbro Primary School is to develop and strengthen the physical activity skills of all students and to encourage and cultivate a positive attitude towards health and fitness.
Students participate in a Physical Education each week in which they are given a targeted program that develops their movement skills and strategies required to participate in any physical activity. Students reflect upon the value of having a healthy and physical lifestyle in our current society and gradually develop the skills required to make educated decisions about health and physical activity.
Physical Education Programs that are offered at Warnbro Primary School include:
- Friday afternoon Sport sessions for Years 4, 5 and 6
- In term swimming lessons for Years PP- 6
- Cross Country and Athletics Carnivals
- A variety of afterschool sport clinics by specialist coaches
- Lunchtime sport tournaments organized and played by students
- Rockingham Area School Sport Association (RASSA) interschool events including;
- Summer Carnival (soccer, netball, European handball)
- Cross Country at Lark Hill
- Winter Carnival (basketball, AFL and volleyball)
- Athletics Carnival at Hourglass Reserve
Each year students at Wanrbro Primary school have the opportunity to participate in extra-curricular gymnastics. In Semester 1 girls from Year 1-6 are invited to audition to take part in the club and work towards representing the school at the WA Interschool Gymnastics Championships in Leederville. For the last three consecutive years Warnbro Primary have competed to the highest standard and have always placed in the top 3!
In 2019 the team was asked to perform at The Crown in Burswood at the annual Western Australian Primary Principals Gala. In Semester 2 the club is opened up to girls and boys in Years 1-6 and they have the opportunity to perform what they have learnt their families at an assembly.